Readers have asked for a complete parts list for Reid Coffield’s recent .22 rimfire Garand project. It is as follows, along with some of the photos from that project.
.22 Rimfire Garand Parts:
1. Complete M1 Garand stock assembly along with all metal hardware, sling loops, buttplate, etc.
2. Used Garand barrel
3. Garand gas cylinder (junk or worn-out parts for the gas assembly are fine as these are not functional)
4. Garand gas cylinder lock
5. Garand gas cylinder lock screw
6. Garand front sight and locking screw
7. Rear half of a demilled Garand receiver
8. Complete Garand rear sight assembly
9. Garand trigger housing (only use the floorplate section)
10. Front 12 inches or so of a ruined Garand op rod
11. Ruger 10/22 action assembly, including magazine, barrel “V” block retainer and screws, and takedown screw
12. .22 barrel liner
13. Spacer block to be fitted between the gas cylinder and the front sight (individual guns can vary as to how high this spacer block should be)
14. Web or leather sling