More E-Tip Loads
January 04, 2011
Winchester Ammunition Expands Lead-Free E-Tip Line
Consumer demand for Winchester Ammunition's E-Tip lead-free bullet is growing among big-game hunters in states that have lead-free regulations. To continue meeting all of the demands of hunters across North America, Winchester Ammunition is expanding its E-Tip line by producing lead-free ammunition in .270 Winchester, .300 Win. Mag, and 7mm.
The E-Tip bullet was co-developed with Nosler and features an E2 energy expansion cavity, which promotes consistent upset at a variety of impact ranges. The bullet is made of a copper alloy instead of pure copper, which helps prevent barrel fouling and provides for a high-performance sporting bullet that is lead-free.
The polycarbonate tip, like that featured on XP3, Accubond-CT and Ballistic Silvertip bullets, prevents deformation in the magazine, boosts aerodynamic efficiency and initiates expansion. The E-Tip's high quality and consistent performance provide unsurpassed penetration and weight retention. It is an excellent choice even in the states that do not require the use of lead-free products.
Key features of the Winchester E-Tip bullet include:
- E2 cavity promotes expansion at long and short ranges and improves accuracy
- Copper alloy metal lead-free design provides near 100 percent weight retention and helps prevent barrel fouling compared to pure copper bullets
- Polycarbonate tip resists deformation, improves down-range ballistics
- Boat-tail design reduces drag and provides a more efficient flight profile for higher retained energy at long range
- Lubalox coating helps prevent barrel fouling
E-Tip is loaded exclusively by Winchester and is available calibers listed in the nearby table.
|300 Win Mag.||180||S300WMET|
|300 Win Mag.||150||S300WMETA|
|7 MM Rem. Mag.||140||S7RMFT|
|7 MM WSM||140||S7RMFT|