September 23, 2010
The meticulous fit and finished of this beautiful Spanish double is sure to be the envy of many collectors and shotgunners.
By Press Release
Over the past several decades, Spanish doubles have gained a reputation for quality, refinement and durability. The No. 4 has been AyA's standard boxlock design since 1960; patterned after the venerable Westley Richard boxlock actions brought to Spain by the King Brothers.
The Anson & Deeley action, the most famous of all boxlock designs, was created by two employees of Westley Richards in 1875, and ever since Westley Richards guns have defined boxlock elegance. The No. 4/53 is mechanically very simple, which makes it durable, dependable and easy to service. It employs a Purdey double underbolt locking system. The meticulous fit and finished of this beautiful Spanish double is sure to be the envy of many collectors and shotgunners. With its oil-finished wood and lightly scrolled engraving, the 4/53 is very comfortable for use in the field or on the course.
- Side by Side hammerless boxlock ejector shotgun
- Double locking mechanism with replaceable hinge pin
- Disc set firing pins
- Double trigger (optional selective or non-selective trigger)
- Chopper lump barrels with concave rib
- Light scroll engraving
- Automatic safety
- Split bottom plate
- Straight hand oil finished walnut stock
- Initial oval
- Available with colour hardened or old silver finish
- 12, 16, 20, 28 and .410 bore
- 28" barrels, with other barrel lengths to order
- Approximate weight in 12 bore 6 lbs, 10 oz
For more information on the AyA No. 4/53 or other AyA products, contact: AYA-USA P.O.Box 647, Old Saybrook, CT 06475, phone 860-388-3989.