February 28, 2023
By Smith & Wesson
Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. has introduced its new folding pistol carbine, the M&P FPC.
Chambered in 9mm, the optics-ready FPC has a length of 30 ⅜ inches and a compact folded length of 16 ⅜ inches. It comes equipped with three double-stack M&P pistol magazines, including one 17-round and two 23-round mags. This new carbine features an integrated recoil buffer system, ½-28 threaded muzzle, and in-stock magazine storage for making reloading fast and efficient. The horizontal folding mechanism of the FPC provides a locking latch to enable secured transport and prevents interference with most top-mounted optics or accessories.
“The team at Smith & Wesson aimed to design a pistol carbine that was compatible with various M&P series pistol magazines. We exceeded that initial desire by introducing side-folding mechanics that deliver a unique compact feature and allow the user to keep their sight system mounted on the gun both in the folded and extended positions. Extra magazine storage in the buttstock, familiar M&P fire controls and reliable palmswell grip adaptors all make this new pistol carbine a great addition to the M&P family,” said John Myles, Senior Manager of New Products.
Additional features include a handguard with an upper Picatinny rail and M-LOK slots for accessory mounting capabilities, a flat-face trigger design that offers a crisp single-action trigger break, and four interchangeable palmswells for maximum comfort. The M&P FPC also comes with a carrying bag designed with multiple Velcro® storage compartments to secure additional equipment for easy transport. This new folding pistol carbine is proudly made in the U.S.A. and has an MSRP of $659.00.
- Compact, folding design
- Integrated recoil buffer system
- Reversible magazine catch
- 30 3/8 in. unfolded length to 16 3/8 in. folded
- 1/2-28 threaded muzzle with thread protector
- Flat-face trigger with crisp break
- Compatible with M&P Pistol double-stack magazines
- In-stock magazine storage w/quick-release tab system
- Horizontal folding mechanism with locking latch
- Horizontal folding design doesn’t interfere with top-mounted optics (optics sold separately)
- M-LOK slots on handguard with Picatinny-style rail on top
- Charging slide/handle doubles as retainer when folded
- Carrying bag with additional storage and Velcro straps
- Backed by Smith & Wesson’s Limited Lifetime Service Policy
- Made in U.S.A.
S&W M&P FPC 9mm Specifications
- Model: M&P FPC
- SKU: 12575
- Caliber: 9mm Luger
- Capacity: 17+1 round or 23+1 round
- Action: Blowback, semi-auto
- Barrel Length: 16.25 in. (41.3 cm)
- Rifling Twist: 1:10 in.
- Sights: N/A, optics-ready
- Lengths: 30 3/8 in. unfolded (77.2 cm); 16 3/8 in. folded (40.6 cm)
- Stock: Fixed 14.5 in. LOP, polymer
- Grip: M&P M2.0 Compact-size grip
- Weight (unloaded): Carbine Only - 5.03 lbs. (2280 g); w/17-rnd mag - 5.23 lbs. (2370 g); w/three mags - 5.78 lbs. (2620 g)
- Barrel Material: 4140 Steel
- Barrel Finish: Black Oxide
- Bolt/Bolt Carrier: Stainless Steel
- Frame/Receiver: Aluminum (tube)
- Frame/Receiver Finish: Hard Coat Black Anodized
- UPC: 022188892512
For more information on the new M&P FPC visit www.smith-wesson.com.
To stay up to date on all the latest news and events, be sure to follow Smith & Wesson on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.