September 06, 2019
By Shooting Times Digital Staff
Weatherby has been known for ballistic excellence, fastest cartridges, as well as strong rifle actions. The new 6.5 RPM (Rebated Precision Magnum) has been purpose built for the smaller Mark V 6 lug action.
This 15th cartridge introduction is unique compared to Weatherby’s 14 preceding cartridges because it is a non-belted, non-venturi shoulder case with a rebated rim. Out of the gate, Weatherby will be shipping three offerings in 6.5 RPM.
- Weatherby Select,140-gr Hornady Interlock, muzzle velocity 2975 fps
- Weatherby Select Plus, Nosler 140-gr Accubond, muzzle velocity of 3075 fps
- Weatherby Select Plus, Barnes 127-gr LRX, muzzle velocity of 3225 fps
Along with the hot 6.5 PRM cartridge, two new light-weight, Mark V Backcountry rifles.
“The goal was not to simply achieve the production of a five-pound rifle,” said Adam Weatherby. “Instead, our team was able to break the five-pound mark while delivering magnum performance in a firearm that doesn’t demand custom rifle pricing. The combination of the stock design, brand new muzzle brake and proprietary patent pending 3D HEX recoil reducer make it enjoyable to shoot.”
The new Weatherby Mark V Backcountry and Backcountry Ti rifles are packed with new innovations that help achieve the among lightest and fastest rifles available.
- TriggerTech Mark V trigger
- Slim-line Accubrake ST muzzlebrake
- 1/2x28 threads
- New carbon-fiber stock from AG composites
- Weatherby’s patent-pending 3D HEX recoil pad
- Spiral-fluted bolt, scalloped bolt sleeve and hollowed out bolt handle
- Mark V Backcountry MSRP: $2,499.00
- Mark V Backcountry Weight Standard Action: 5.3 pounds
- Mark V Backcountry Weight Magnum Action: 6.3 pounds
- Mark V Backcountry Ti MSRP: $3,349.00
- Mark V Backcountry Ti Weight Standard Action: 4.9 pounds
- Mark V Backcountry Ti Magnum Action: 5.9 pounds
- Cartridges/Calibers: 6mm Creedmoor, 240 WBY, 257 WBY, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 WBY RPM, 6.5-300 WBY, 270 WBY, 280 Ackley Improved, 7mm WBY, 300 WBY.
For more info please visit: www.weatherby.com.